Looking for new welfare solutions, inclusive business models, ideas for reducing waste, sustainable product concepts, cutting-edge learning methods? Well these are just a few examples of what social innovation is all about: new solutions that solve societal problems or meet people’s unfulfilled needs in new ways that improve their lives. It is an expression of how we think, learn, live and work.
The co-operative movement, legislation, tax, therapy, insurance, stenography, labour unions, social welfare centres, kindergartens, management concepts, pedagogical methods and e-learning are all examples of social innovations that have emerged in the context of a particular period in history to meet the needs of their time.
In today’s quest for sustainability, social innovation is again proving to be a significant driver of creating both economic and social value in benefit of society.
New ways of solving problems – and doing business
Social innovation opens up for new ways of creating value, solving problems – and doing business. Local Exchange Trading Systems (LETS), venture philanthropy, microcredit, CSR, Fairtrade certifications, Gross Company Happiness measures, emissions trading and hybrid social business models are all examples of recent concepts that have emerged.
And thanks to web 2.0 technologies, we are rapidly moving into the era of innovation, where all conventional rules and logics are being challenged. It is a new world where creativity, responsibility, self-organization, participation and decentralization are key principles.
This is opening up to a new level of innovation, collaboration and co-creation across national borders, professions and organizational hierarchies. Welcome to Business Unusual!
Revitalize your routines – break business-as-usual
Want to gain insight into the new innovation formulas for problem-solving and economic & social value creation? Learn from The New Pioneers – progressive companies and social innovators – who are paving the way for responsible and sustainable business one innovative step at a time in a wide range of industries from media, food, agriculture and banking to medicine, cosmetics, IT and design.
Among other things, you will gain insight into how to:
- Mix the speed of online technology with human expertise and engagement.
- Utilize open innovation and online sharing to solve problems and develop new products.
- Engage consumers to create content and products on the ethical consumption markets.
- Involve citizens and users both online and offline to generate welfare solutions.
- Join forces with civil power brokers to solve your business challenges.
- Break the business-as-usual cycle by shaping new partnerships, using resources in new ways, developing sustainable products and services and more.
- Generate (corporate) social innovation and new business models by developing solutions to social or environmental challenges.
Current key note topics & titles
The tag cloud on the top of this page indicates the many different topics that are related to social business and entrepreneurship. Current key note titles include:
- Business Unusual – about social entrepreneurship & (corporate) social innovation
- A business force for good – about blended value partnerships
- The Global Brain & the power of YOU – about using social media for social good
If you are interested in a tailored presentation around any of the other related topics, the format and content can be adapted subject to agreement. Format and content can be also be tailored to specific company needs.
Presentations are also available in a webinar/video conference format.
BOOKING OR INQUIRIES
Want to book or know more about how we can add value to your event?
We have partners specialized in Asia Pacific, Denmark, Norway and the International markets, so if you have any questions or inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact them or us.