About the Labs
New times create new needs – and require new solutions
The world is changing – and so are companies. Because when society’s needs change, business must adapt. The business of business is still business, but the rules of how to stay in business are changing.
This is the reason why an increasing number of companies – big and small – from around the globe are addressing business risks like resource scarcity, poverty, climate change and social inequality in a proactive manner. Not (only) because of idealism and moral obligation, but also because it secures sustainable growth and provides business opportunities that cannot be missed.
And this is the reason why entrepreneurs worldwide are developing new solutions to social or environmental problems and needs by using business methods as a means. Not (only) because they want to make money, but also because the use of business methods gives them the opportunity to do even more good for the world.
Together they are contributing to an increasingly powerful ‘business force for good’ that is not only changing the world for the better – it is also changing the face of capitalism.
Corporate social innovation is the name of the 21st century business game.
Who are the Social Business Labs for – and why?
With the new rules of business follow new challenges. For many mainstream companies a key challenge is to integrate corporate responsibility and sustainability into the core of their business strategy and culture. For many social entrepreneurs a key challenge is to find the right business model that will help them upscale their social solutions and ensure their sustainability.
We have created three Social Business Lab categories in support of social and economic value creation:
- For companies, who want to put social innovation into the core of their business.
- For entrepreneurs, who want to put business into the core of their social innovation.
- For companies and social entrepreneurs, who want to co-create (corporate) social innovation through shared value partnerships.
Join one of our Social Business Labs, and become part of the frontier of New Pioneers shaping the new business as usual.
What is a Social Business Lab?
A Social Business Lab is a 12-month development programme, customized to your business needs and challenges. The content and detailed design of our Social Business Labs depends on the specific lab category, but all labs contain the same basic elements:
- 6 whole-day workshops that provide you with latest learnings, best practice cases and implementation tools.
- 20 hours of professional consulting in-between workshop sessions.
- Confidential work group of other sustainability-oriented business practitioners.
- Lab Buddy® (mentor/partner) from another progressive company.
- Tailored strategy & action plan for an integrated approach to social and economic value creation.
For more details, go to the menu to the left to read about the programme categories for Companies, Entrepreneurs and Partnerships.
Why should you become part of a Social Business Lab?
Breaking sustainable business ground is not always an easy task. And there is no one-size-fits-all formula. But our experience is that many companies and entrepreneurs are struggling with many of the same overall challenges.
Consider the costs of network memberships, conference and workshop fees, consulting hours and mentor programmes. With a Social Business Lab® you get all this in one, focused and integrated 12-month programme, tailored to your specific business needs.
Joining a Social Business Labs will give you:
- A facilitated business development process
- A supportive setup of specialists and mentors
- An experience-based network
- A co-creative work space
- An innovative action platform
To help you achieve sustainable business success.
Join one of our Social Business Labs, and become part of the frontier of The New Pioneers, who are shaping the new and pathbreaking 21st century business mindset.
Contact us for more information about the labs.